Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beadwork . . .

Ever since I was a child, I have been fascinated with beads. As an adult, I find beading to be a relaxing (albeit expensive!) way to express myself. I have no trouble losing hours and hours in the intricacies of beading tiny delicas into a pattern that seems to come straight from my heart. I've tried to follow patterns but it drives me nuts, I just have to change something! I'm not sure why this is true, but it is for almost everything I create, be it bead work, paper crafts, or anything. It just feels wrong to replicate someone's work in its entirety.

So to share some of my work with you, I've created a slide show of the tubular peyote style bead work I have done - some of which took first place at my local county fair. I have more bead work, but this is a start to show you my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment